-將星比心-
-將星比心-











-將星比心-
 

Odessa 美國德州奧德薩隕石(Ector County, Texas, U.S.A,發現于 1921年)美國Odessa隕石雨降至地球20,000年前,在20年代的後期也確認了它的隕石坑,並在30年代後期和40年代初進行了有系統的挖溝和鑽探。 20,000年前石灰石破碎,直径基岩爆炸坑约500英尺; 几个世纪以来,周围的沙漠风淤积平原火山口几乎水平,现场并不像流星陨石坑,直到20世纪20年代确定的。25000年以前Odessa隕石跨越西得克萨斯冰期天空,火球爆炸在半空中,进入10英里二叠纪盆地现今敖德萨西南部坠Odessa隕石迄今发现最大的一块重约300磅。Odessa隕石是铁陨石。

Shower of Meteorites plunged to earth some 20,000 years ago, shattering limestone bedrock and leaving explosion pit some 500 feet in diameter; other smaller adjacent pits. Over the centuries, desert winds silted crater almost level with surrounding plains, and site was not identified as Meteor crater until the 1920s. Today a marked nature trail winds through crater and a free brochure interprets the unusual feature. Just west of Odessa exit I-20 at F.M. 1936 (south), drive west on frontage road 3.4 mi. to sign indicating crater site to south.

The largest piece of the Odessa Meteorite ever found weighs approximately 300 pounds. The Odessa Meteorite is an iron metallic Meteorite. Only about 10% of all the Meteorites striking the earth are metallic. The remaining 90% are classified as stoney Meteorites and resemble rocks found on earth. Because they so closely resemble rocks, stoney Meteorites are much harder to find and are more valuable than metallic Meteorites.

隕石坑入口



 
第0頁/共0頁



Copyright © 2001 SUN PORO INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRY CO., LTD. All rights reserved.
建議使用800x600解析度及IE4.0以上瀏覽器觀看

 
-將星比心-